Terms & Conditions
Luxury-Shops is not affiliated with any of the name-brand items we offer for sale.
- Warranties and Liabilites:
Luxury-Shops declines all responsibility and cannot be held liable for any damages caused by the use of a specific garment.
We also cannot be held responsible for the quality of an item (we are not the manufacturer) or any damages resulting from a manufacturing defect.
No warranties of any kind are given or implied.
- Condition of Merchandise:
Luxury-Shops offers for sale luxury top-quality products. We fully disclose the condition of each item. In the description of each product, Luxury-Shops will specify the conditions if different from the standards set by the market (Required disclosure of prior use)
The main characteristics of products are shown in great detail (through numerous photographs and in-depth descriptions). The products offered for sale MAY NOT correspond to the real garments in terms of image and color because of the Internet Browser or Monitor used (color calibration). Luxury-Shops disclaims all responsibility.
Every used item offered by Luxury-Shops has been cleaned and restored to the best possible condition unless noted otherwise. Every used or vintage handbag has been polished and refinished. Your purchases will be sent to you ready to be used or worn.
Please be aware that vintage items may be delicate and may not be as resilient as a brand-new item. Please take appropriate care when using a vintage item. Damage to items after receipt or use by customers is not the responsibility of Luxury-Shops.
Luxury-Shops is a reseller of authentic designer and vintage merchandise. We are not an authorised dealer and are not affiliated with the brands we sell on our site. Store-new designer items are only available from an authorised dealer or the actual store. Once the item leaves the authorised dealer with a customer, the item is considered pre-owned. However, items can be pre-owned and in new condition - that is, never used by the owner. Below are the definitions of the descriptions we use.
- NEW: in new condition, that is, never used. This means the item may have been purchased by us from an authorised dealer or a store. “New” items may also be “pre-owned”, that is, purchased by one of our consignors and never used. These items may have minor signs of handling – as would any item available at an authorised dealer or boutique – given that customers would reasonably handle an item when trying it on or examining it for purchase.
- USED: the item has been carried or worn and may be in any of the conditions described below.
- PRISTINE/VIRTUALLY NEW: Appears to have been used only a handful of time and is nearly new in condition. May have very slight signs of having been used upon close inspection.
- EXCELLENT: Used and in top condition. There may be faint signs of wear, slight scratches, marks or nicks which are not particularly noticeable and will not affect the use or wear of the item. Our descriptions and photographs will clearly indicate the condition of the item.
- GOOD: Used, may be an older or well-loved item. There may be slightly more noticeable signs of wear, scratches or marks. These will not affect the wear or use of the item. Our descriptions and photographs will clearly indicate the condition of the item.
- VINTAGE: Typically around 20 to just under 100 years old. Our vintage items are carefully examined and selected. Most are gently or rarely used, meticulously stored or cared for and will come to you in a perfectly usable condition. However, these are unique items which may be of a finer and more delicate nature than brand-new items so please be sensitive to this and have reasonable expectations of their resilience.
- We do not make allowances for unreasonable expectations in the condition of our items.
- Product Descriptions:
We make every effort to display the products featured on our web site as accurately as possible, using a large array of unaltered digital photographs and detailed descriptions. Our examination and assessment of merchandise is meticulous and conducted with great attention to detail. Our expertise and product knowledge comes from many years of experience with authentic designer and vintage items. We make as much effort as is humanly possible to disclose all relevant information required for you to be completely confident about your purchase.
However, the display and colour capabilities of your computer monitor could affect the colours you see on the screen and these may differ from the actual product. Luxury-Shops is not responsible for monitor limitations and cannot guarantee that a monitor's display of any colour, texture, or detail of merchandise will be accurate.
Also, every designer has a different standard with regards to the sizing of garments and shoes. We provide detailed measurements to help you gauge the fit of an item. We also provide an international size converter on our website as a guideline. However, it is your responsibility to check the measurements provided and to know what works for you. Luxury-Shops is not responsible if a garment or pair of shoes do not fit you perfectly.
- Product Availability:
Many of our items are one-of-a-kind or are available in extremely limited quantities. This means that we cannot guarantee that an item displayed on a previous visit will still be available when you visit again. Our merchandise also changes frequently and we reserve the right to change our merchandise without prior notice.
- All Sales are Final and All Merchandise is sold "As Is" - without any warranties but guaranteed authentic.
- Errors and Omissions:
Luxury-Shops makes every effort to provide the most current and accurate information. However, there may be rare occasions when information on this site may contain spelling or typographical errors, or inaccuracies as to merchandise size, price, colour or other matters. Any errors are unintentional and may be caused by circumstances briefly beyond our control. Luxury-Shops reserves the right to correct errors and to update product information at any time. Luxury-Shops does not warrant that the information on this site will always be accurate, complete or current.
We make every effort to respond swiftly to enquiries via email, fax and telephone. However, Luxury-Shops is under no obligation to respond to all correspondence received, to maintain your submitted comments in confidence, or to pay compensation of any kind for your comments or submissions.
- Technology Indemnification:
Luxury-Shops does not warrant that the function or operation of this web site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available will be free of viruses or other harmful elements.
This site and all contents of the site are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties or title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
As a visitor to and a user of this web site, you agree that your access and use of this web site is undertaken at your own risk. Luxury-Shops shall not be liable for damages of any kind related to your use of or inability to access this site, even if Luxury-Shops knew or should have known of the potential for such damages.
Luxury-Shops does not disclose the identities of its consignors, customers or visitors to the site without prior consent. We do not sell or release information to anyone about visitors to this site, customers or consignors without prior consent or a court order. Luxury-Shops also does not send sell or release information about former consignors or former customers without prior consent or a court order.
- Return Policy:
All items are sold "As is".
We work with you closely so you can make the right decision. We encourage you to check with the authorized boutiques BEFORE bidding/purchasing.
All our sales are final unless there was gross misrepresentation on our part. We do not allow returns or exchanges and no provisions are made for buyer's remorse.
All prices are in CHF (Swiss Francs) including 8% VAT.
All oders over CHF 200.00 are shipped free of charge, orders below are charge a flat rate of CHF 35.00. Most are sent with Fed-Ex Priority Airmail. Certain items are sent by Swiss Post Priority Airmail due to their size or weight.
The buyer is responsible for losses or damages that occure while in transit. Luxury-Shops recommends the purchase of insurance
all information submitted to luxury-shops.com and any of its members is kept strictly confidential and will not be sold or shared with any third party.
- Swiss Law:
This agreement shall be exclusively governed by Swiss law, the exclusive venue (with exclusion of any other venue) being the ordinary courts in the City of Zurich (Subject to remedies to the Federal Court); Luxury GmbH reserves the right to proceed against the counterparty in any other venue convenient.